Climbing report - new project

Oww - my tips are so sore. Red raw after only a couple of shots on the new project I bolted last weekend at the Pulpit. It starts up Mugwump then moves right onto a 25 degree overhung wall for another three bolts. Last weekend I couldn't do any of the moves, but this time with good psyche (and wearing the new Scarpa Mago's for the first time) I was able to do all the moves, so that is super exciting. Lots of sketchy underclings and sidepulls. And of course, the tip-destroying little crimps. I need to grow some tough skin.


Other good things from today included Duncan's best link of the upper section of his project (which is next door to mine) and our creation of another quality step to control erosion and stabilise the ground. That makes 10 steps we've built this year.

Today's Beta Tip: Sight your deadpoints right up till you grab them. Don't loose focus and take your eyes off the hold.

0 comments: